Your pregnancy decision is not the end of your journey. Consider these options, based on what is right for you.
Connecting you and your family with the resources you need.
Our hope in offering patients this program is to connect them with local community resources that offer assistance and education while supporting them in all aspects of their well-being.
Who is eligible?
If you are a current ComfortCare client, you may enroll in ComfortCare Connections (Moms and Dads!).
How does this help me?
By connecting with a program designed to help you physically, socially, emotionally and/or spiritually, you will also be providing practical resources for your growing family:
Diapers & Wipes
Baby Clothes (up to 18 months)
Other Baby Essentials (as available)
Call us today. (540) 885-6261
Adoption is such a beautiful option to consider for your family. We will discuss many components of this decision during your pregnancy confirmation appointment. Once you have made that decision, however, we will connect you with resources and agencies that can help you along that journey. Each of those agencies have wonderful programs that guide you through the process, as well as the emotional journey you experience.
HEART is a safe, confidential, eight-session abortion recovery and support group sponsored by ComfortCare Women’s Health.
If you have an abortion in your past, consider asking yourself these questions:
- Have the effects of abortion changed you as a person?
- Do you experience explosive emotions?
- Have your relationships with men been affected?
1. Have the effects of abortion changed you as a person? What were you like before your abortion? How are you different now?
2. If your sister or best friend were thinking about having an abortion, what would you tell her about an abortion and the after effects?
3. At the time of your abortion, did you believe abortion was right or wrong?
4. Check the following after abortion effects that have bothered you since your abortion:
- I struggle with eating disorders.
- I find myself in abusive relationships.
- I’m having increased unprotected sexual activity.
- I’m using drugs and/or alcohol to distract myself from my pain.
- I often feel so sad that I can’t handle my responsibilities.
- I often think about hurting myself.
- I keep having the same nightmare over and over.
5. Do you shut down or feel numb when you ’re in a highly emotional situation?
6. Do you experience explosive emotions?
7. Has your relationship with God been affected since your abortion? If yes, in what way?
8. Have your relationships with men been affected? If yes, in what way?
9. Do you feel you must hide your abortion or your feelings about it?
10. Do you avoid people or situations that remind you of your abortion?
11. Did someone pressure you into having the abortion? If yes, how does the abortion affect your relationship with that person now?
12. Do you feel like you’re all alone with the emotional pain you are feeling?
13. Are you interested in a support group for women who’ve had abortions to work through some of these problems?
If you answered yes to any of these questions or would like to talk to someone about your answers, ComfortCare’s HEART group is here for you.
For more information, or to register, contact Barbara Medaries by phone at (540) 290-5327 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contacts are completely confidential.